I’ve been recording the books I read on goodreads and making a top-ten(ish) list since 2006, so in anticipation of publishing my 2013 top ten on December 31st, I’ll be posting my older lists here. The numbering is only an approximate order.
- Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
- Girlchild by Tupelo Hassman
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Land of the Blind by Jess Walter
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
How have these books stood the test of time? I actually just made this list now, so I’m not sure if I would’ve picked different books last year.