I’ve been recording the books I read on goodreads and making a top-ten(ish) list since 2006, so in anticipation of publishing my 2013 top ten on December 31st, I’ll be posting my older lists here. The numbering is only an approximate order.
1. Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby.
2. The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan.
3. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.
4. Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz.
5. The End by Salvatore Scibona.
6. The Missing by Tim Gautraux.
7. Oyster by Janette Turner Hospital.
8. Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon.
9. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.
10. The Ten-Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer.
How many books did you read this year? 99.
How have these books stood the test of time? I just watched the movie of Admission recently, and it made me wonder why I loved the book so much. I really did love the book, though.