I’ve been recording the books I read on goodreads and making a top-ten(ish) list since 2006, so in anticipation of publishing my 2013 top ten on December 31st, I’ll be posting my older lists here. The numbering is only an approximate order.
1. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
2. What Was Lost by Catherine O’Flynn
3. The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
4. The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears by Dinaw Mengestu
5. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
6. Bookhunter by Jason Shiga
7. When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson
8. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
9. Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda
10. Stranger on a Train by Jenny Diski
How many books did you read this year? 167, so this is only my top 6%
How have these books stood the test of time? I’ve read additional books by most of these authors, so these books have definitely stuck with me.