I’ve been recording the books I read on goodreads and making a top-ten(ish) list since 2006, so in anticipation of publishing my 2013 top ten on December 31st, I’ll be posting my older lists here. The numbering is only an approximate order.
1. Day by A.L. Kennedy (#59)
2. The Last Samurai by Helen DeWitt
3. The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville
4. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
5. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
6. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
7. Robot Dreams by Sara Varon
8. How to Be Good by Nick Hornby
9. Astonishing Splashes of Colour by Clare Morrall
10. Anthropology by Dan Rhodes
How many books did you read this year? 133, so 10 books is only 7.5%.
How have these books stood the test of time? Pretty well. I do remember all of these. There are others I remember loving, but not enough to be sure they should push out one of these.